Having clear boundaries is essential to a healthy, balanced lifestyle. A boundary is a personal property line that marks those things for which we are responsible. In other words, boundaries define who we are and who we are not. Often, Christians focus so much on being loving and unselfish that they forget their own limits and limitations. When confronted with their lack of boundaries, they ask:
- Can I set limits and still be a loving person?
- What are legitimate boundaries?
- What if someone is upset or hurt by my boundaries?
- How do I answer someone who wants my time, love, energy, or money?
- Aren’t boundaries selfish?
- Why do I feel guilty or afraid when I consider setting boundaries?
In this 8-week class, Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend offer biblically-based answers to these and other tough questions, showing us how to set healthy boundaries with our parents, spouses, children, friends, co-workers, and even ourselves.
Format for each session: Video teaching followed by discussion, Q&A, and prayer (as needed)
Class time for each session: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Introduction; What is a Boundary?
- Problems and Symptoms
- Laws of Boundaries, Part 1
- Laws of Boundaries, Part 2
- The Myths about Boundaries
- A Course of Recovery
- Resistance to Boundaries
- Yardsticks – Measure your Success
Cost: Donation to FHI or to Scholarship Fund. Registration does not include cost of the required book Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How To Say No, To Take Control of Your Life ($11.00). Students should please be sure to pre-register through Eventbrite with personal information.
Facilitator: Sherika Chew, Prayer Counseling Intern, Finding Home Institute
For more information about this class, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.