(Formerly known as Letting Go of Your Past)
You have the choice. Your past contains a wealth of relationships, experiences, lessons, and hurts. You can learn from them and use them as a foundation for a victorious future. Or you can let them use you—tainting your current relationships and hindering your ability to be the person you were created to be.
These teachings will help participants discover how past relationships and events are affecting their life today and what they can do to address them and find healing.
These classes, presented in three modules of 8-week classes, are part of the Transformation Series, which is your road map to spiritual growth and improved emotional health. All three modules comprise the full Elijah House School of Ministry Training Course 201.
- To provide scriptural foundations for sanctification and transformation
- To provide a safe setting for building relationships, learning, and practicing prayer ministry in small groups
- To offer students the opportunity to experience personal healing through small group ministry from their peers
- To teach, model, and provide opportunity to practice ministry to one another according to the Word of God and in the power and sensitivity of Christ through the Holy Spirit
Elijah House is a nonprofit organization, founded by John and Paula Sandford, that is committed to the principles of Malachi 4:5,6 and Matthew 17:11: to call God’s people to “restore the hearts of fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers” and to “restore all things.” Elijah House serves to inspire and educate individuals and churches to confess their sins, forgive one another, and equip one another for ministry.
Anyone who desires to be a better disciple of Christ.
Click here to see a brief description of each video lesson that will be presented.
Each class features a video teaching followed by Q&A and ministry training. Ministry training for each module will consist of instruction, live or video prayer ministry demonstration and/or student small ministry group practice.
Small group leaders will either be appointed by the class facilitator or selected from among the students in your group. All small group leaders will receive guidance from the class facilitator outside of classroom time.
Tuition for each module: $85
Note: tuition rate increases 2 weeks before the start of class.
Study Guide: $65
One-time purchase (only through FHI).
Total tuition including study guide for all three modules: $320
Does not include required reading material.
Prices if purchased through FHI –
Restoring the Christian Family $16.50
Transforming the Inner Man $16.50
Growing Pains $16.50
Letting Go of Your Past $16.50
God’s Power to Change $16.50
Deliverance & Inner Healing $23
No other required books
If you have already attended an Elijah House Training Course 201 (formerly known as Basic 1) and hold a graduation certificate from Elijah House, please use the discount code “EHGrad” when registering for this class. This give you a discount of $35 off the registration fee.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any other questions about possible discounts.
Some scholarship money is available at FHI’s discretion for students who demonstrate need. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to apply for a scholarship.
If you would like to give a gift towards helping someone else attend this class or a future FHI event, please choose “Scholarship Fund” when you register on Eventbrite and enter the amount of your choice.
The registration fee is fully refundable only for those who withdraw from the class two weeks before it begins. Cost of books is non-refundable if withdrawal occurs less than two weeks before class begins because FHI will have already purchased the study guides and any books you have ordered by then. If that happens, please contact email@example.com to arrange to pick up your order.
No refunds will be granted after the first class begins.
- Attendance is required for all videos and small group sessions. Students are to miss no more than 2 teachings (which they must make up) and/or 1 small group ministry time. Small group attendance cannot be made up unless the entire small group agrees to a special meeting.
- Small group participation is an essential part of the educational process. Groups consist of students within the school. This is a time to practice and apply principles being taught to areas in which the Lord is revealing a need for healing in your own life. For confidentiality, we try to provide separate groups for people coming from the same church. We also place couples in separate groups. We ask that prayer concerns be confidential within each group.
- Homework will be assigned at the end of each lesson.
- Reading of certain books is required in order for you to fully comprehend the material taught and to earn a Certificate of Completion from Elijah House upon completion of all three modules.
Students who attend at least 6 of the 8 sessions will receive a Certificate of Completion from FHI.
Students who fulfill all of the following requirements will earn an official Certificate of Completion from Elijah House Ministries:
- Complete and submit the Student Application, Pastoral Reference and Character Reference Forms
- Read the required books
- View all of the videos and participate fully in group ministry
- Complete the homework assignments from all three modules
There are several benefits to earning the Elijah House Certificate of Completion:
Graduates can retake this Elijah House Course 201 as many times as they like without paying the Elijah House tuition fee again.
Graduates are eligible to enroll in the Elijah House Course 202.
Graduates are eligible to purchase the corresponding schools’ CD. (Not available to order online, contact the Resource Department at 1-800-788-2131 ext. 402 to order.)
Graduates who have completed both the 201 & 202 are eligible to apply to become a facilitator.
However, the completion of this course does not:
Authorize or sanction its recipient to minister under the name of Elijah House or of Finding Home Institute.
Take the place of state requirements to be a licensed counselor.
Suggest the accomplishment of an accredited course or degree.
- Register via Eventbrite. See “Upcoming Events” on our website for the link.
- Download and save or print out the Student Application Form, Pastoral Reference form and Character Reference form.
- Fill out the Student Application Form
- Ask at least one person to fill out the Pastoral Reference Form and one person to fill out the Character Reference Form
- Reference forms are to be emailed directly to FHI at firstname.lastname@example.org or sealed in an envelope and handed in to the class facilitator.
Each session is designed to help you gain understanding, be given principles of healing, and begin the healing process. Because we are dealing with the hearts of people, the school can, at times, be very intense. Personal responses to teaching and small group interaction may include, but is certainly not limited to, some of the following: expression of anger, prejudices and resentments; apprehension, anxiety, insomnia, depression, dissociation, etc. Because of time restraints and that your group is learning together, all of your personal life issues will not be dealt with during the course of the school; but some healing will happen. This is a lifelong process. We simply give you the tools to further your healing, restore your relationships, and minister to others. Many seek further ministry once the school is complete. If you feel there are already significant life issues that need to be addressed, prayer ministry or counseling prior to your enrollment in the school is advisable and always beneficial.
Prerequisites:None for Module 1. However, Module 1 is a prerequisite for Module 2 or 3.
Source Material:Elijah House Ministries
Required Materials for Students:School of Ministry Official Study Guide
Time Frame:Full-length course covers all session topics and consists of twenty-five (25) videos plus small group meetings. This course will be offered as three 8-week modules consisting of 3-hour sessions each. There will be a graduation upon completion of all lessons.
Format:Video teaching followed by Q&A, as well as small group ministry practicum for certain sessions
- Biblical Basis of Elijah House Ministry
- Bitter Root Judgments and Expectancies
- Ministry Tools #1 – The Simplest Tools
- Inner Vows
- Heart and Mind
- Ministry Tools #2 – Following the Holy Spirit
- Foundational Lies
- Bitter Fruits
- Ministry Tools #3 – Interviewing
- Accomplishing Forgiveness
- Repentance and Restitution
- Rightly Expressing Emotions
- Honoring Father and Mother – Resurrection Side of Healing
- Unmet Needs
- Praying to Release Trauma
- Burden Bearing
- Deliverance and Inner Healing
- Performance Orientation
- Parental Inversion and Substitute Mate
- Reconciling with God – Healing Spiritual Rebellion
- How We See God
- Common Errors in Prayer Ministry
- Sealing Our Healing