Have you ever wished you could just sit down and have a long talk with the Lord? Wouldn’t it be wonderful to move beyond having a theology that states that God loves you to actually hearing Him whisper words of love into your heart? If you are one of His sheep, then He is speaking to you and you are hearing His voice! The problem is that we have not learned how to recognize His voice and differentiate it from all of the other voices that bombard our hearts and minds. This teaching from Mark Virkler has helped thousands of people of every age on every continent begin to recognize the voice of the Lord within their own hearts clearly and consistently, leading to a deeper intimacy with Him as well as greater faith, hope and joy in their lives. This course teaches participants four keys to hearing God’s voice and how to engage in regular dialogue with Him. Participants will learn biblical patterns for approaching God, how to distinguish God’s voice from other voices that clamor for our attention, and how to record what God reveals to them using “two-way” journaling.
Source Material:Communion with God Ministries
Required Materials for Students:LEARN Notebook How to Hear God’s Voice by Mark and Patti Virkler
Time Frame:Full-length course covers all session topics and consists of ten (10) 2-hour sessions. Some or all session topics may be chosen to present this course as a half-day seminar, full-day seminar or weekend seminar/retreat as desired.
Format:Video teaching followed by group discussion, Q&A, and prayer (as needed)
- An Overview of the Four Keys to Hearing God’s Voice
- A Cultural Backdrop for Hearing God’s Voice
- Spiritual Intimacy: The Desire of God’s Heart
- Key #1: Recognize God’s Voice as Spontaneous Thoughts
- How to Instantly Remove All Idols from Your Heart
- Key #2: Become Still
- Key #3: Look for Vision as You Pray
- How to Restore Your Visionary Capacity
- Key #4: Two-Way Journaling
- A Tuning Dial: Tabernacle Experience